I love Rachel Khoo since seeing her cooking show on SBS last year so I decided to do one of her recipes with my own little twist to it. If you want the recipe itself you can purchase her book here. If you want to know more about her check her out here.
List of ingredients * 300g macaron pasta * 200g of Parmesan, mature Comte or Gruyere * 30g butter * 30g plain flour * 500ml milk * 1 clove * 1 bay leaf * nutmeg * salt & white pepper
- First I made a Bechamel sauce by melting some butter in pot over medium heat then once it is melted adding the flour till it is smooth paste.
- Take it off the heat and allow it to cool then whisk in the milk gradually till all combined. Then place back onto the heat with a bay leave and clove in it and simmer for ten minutes. Whisk it frequently, if becomes too thick just add more milk
- Preheat the oven at 180 and cook the pasta along with the bacon as well in a separate pan.
- Allow the sauce to cool in the mean time and removing the bay leave and clove then adding the nutmeg and seasoning.
- Drain the pasta and place in the cooking dish
- Save a little bit of cheese to place on top and mix the rest into the sauce, place the bacon into the pasta making sure to stir in before placing the sauce on top. Mix everything together and sprinkle the cheese on top and place in oven for 20 minutes or more till golden and brown on top.
That is my twist on Mac & Cheese this is such a simple recipe that anything can be added to it. Maybe onions or any leftovers in the fridge.