Some of your might have seen from my Instagram that I was making soy candles a couple of weeks ago. It didn’t quite go to plan but hey that’s what DIY is all about, sometimes you kind of fail specially the ones on Pinterest. Down below is a rough step by step guide in making candles.
- Set up the bench area/work area with wax paper for the wick and the candle all ready to go
- Cut the wick making sure there is at least a 1cm extra
- Measure out the amount of wax your going to use**
- Start melting the wax pieces one at a time on a low to medium heat (try to not get smoke coming from the wax)
- Place the wick in the wax, making sure to cover all of it. Then place it on the wax paper and allow to cool before threading through candlewick holder *
- Once all the wax is melted take it off the heat and add the colour and fragrance you want
- Pour it in the container and place the wick right in the middle, can use a piece of thin wooden stick and tie the wick on it to keep it from moving
- Allow it to set now and enjoy burning your own candle
**(I kind of added the wax slowly and kind of judged by the amount that was in the pot)
*(I just threaded it through but the instruction I had to wax it first that thread through but you can do either one)
My candle in the end up having air holes in it, whether this affect how it burns I do not know. Let me know if you have tried a DIY project and failed to replicate it.